Greetings from the Broadview Reproductive Team!
At Broadview Animal Hospital, we strive to provide quality care with compassion. To maintain a high level of care, we offer reproductive services performed by doctors who have a passion for theriogenology.
We have three doctors on our team who are available for reproductive consultations and breeding services. Dr. Michael Norris, Dr. Heather Berry, and Dr. Wes Chapin are all members of the Theriogenology Society. They received training from the International Canine Semen Bank (ICSB) and Minitube of America (MOFA) on freezing semen and advanced insemination techniques. Carrey Stevens, the lead technician on our reproductive team, holds certifications from ISCB and MOFA as well.
At our hospital, we have several liquid nitrogen tanks for semen storage and additional team members who are trained and certified by ICSB for collection, freezing, storage, and shipment of semen.
Reproductive services offered at Broadview Animal Hospital include:
- Pre-breeding testing including OFA, AKC, Optigen, and PennHip tests
- Genetic screening and counseling
- Clinics to examine eyes, hearts, and to collect semen to freeze
- Educational lectures
- Infertility work-ups for the dog and bitch
- Breeding timing utilizing hormone assays and exfoliative cytology
- Progesterone testing (On-Site) available 7 days a week
- Artificial insemination: surgical, transcervical, Mavic, and vaginal
- Assisted natural breeding
- Semen collection, evaluation, and shipment
- Semen freezing, storage, and frozen semen shipment
- Fresh- extended (chilled) semen preparation and shipment
- Diagnostic ultrasound for pregnancy diagnosis, prostate evaluation and general imaging
- Pregnancy ultrasound to more accurately determine due date and puppy viability
- Caesarian Section – planned and emergency
- Neonatal care
Prices for Reproductive Services *
- ICSB Semen Freezing: $400.00 + storage
- Surgical Artificial Insemination: $755.00-$905.00
- Vaginal Insemination: $258.00-$323.00
- Mavic Insemination: $326.00-$391.00
- Transcervical Insemination: $385.00-$450.00
- Pre-shipment Semen Test: $220.00
- Chilled Semen Shipment: $285.00 + shipping
- Frozen Semen Shipment: $255.00 + deposit & shipping
- Epididymal Harvest: $583.00 +/- storage
*(Prices are subject to change without notice and may vary due to weight/medical needs of the dog and individual circumstances. If you need a more precise estimate, please call our office.)
ICSB Cryo-Kit: $75.00
For dogs that cannot be collected in a hospital setting or are not in the region. All you need to do to have your dog’s semen frozen and stored is:
1. Collect semen from your dog.
2. Add the semen to the Cryo-Kit Media.
3. Place the semen-media in the Cryo-Kit ordered from Broadview.
4. Ship Cryo-Kit to Broadview/ICSB.
Chill/Ship Kit: $75.00
The Chill/Ship kit provides the easiest system and prevents damage to sperm cells due to over-handling during the collection, packaging and shipping process. It is easy to use with just 4 simple steps:
1. Collect semen specimen from dog.
2. Pour specimen into the media tube and cap.
3. Place into the “Chill/Ship” kit purchased at Broadview as instructed.
5. To use, simply warm the cooled semen to between room and body temperature and inseminate.
ICSB Epi-Kits are also available for purchase for $50.00 if the testes need to be shipped. (When you wish to ship the testes from an animal that is neutered, euthanized or has expired from an accident or disease, please call our office for prices.)
We look forward to continuing to support and improve your breeding program in the future. If you have any questions concerning reproduction, please contact the Repro Team at Broadview Animal Hospital or call to make an appointment for your pet.
Contact Us at: CanineRepro@BroadviewVet.com